slaveOS 2.8v

65536kb free

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sticky Ninja Academy makes your Brain feel sexy.

I play a LOT of games on Kongregate, and I've always flirted with the idea of reviewing my Kong faves here on my dusty blog. Today, I couldn't help but do it. Well, it's not really a review, I just want you to try the game.


Longanimals has been a dev posting games on Kong for quite sometime, and we mostly see classic Racing games from them/him/her. It's clear that Longanimals' vocabulary speaks in 80's arcade hits such as Outrun (see Heat Rush) and Power Drift (Coaster Racer), and thus far, the offerings from this dev seldom steered away from the racing genre.


It's such a simple interface, and a concept that we feel we've seen executed so many times, but honestly, never with this much love. This almost-all-mouse winks to many 80's games but with such a contemporary feel, all this paired with an almost obligatory physics engine. Strangely satisfying, extremely forgiving and sufficiently challenging. It all holds together so well that at points I found myself thinking "Wow, this is more Ninja than a lot of Ninja games!". The best part are the "Happy Accidents" where the physics create miniature pseudo action scenes -- you sometimes can't help but setup your shots so that you look cool doing it, and Ninjas on the screen are all about looking cool.

No comments: