slaveOS 2.8v

65536kb free

Thursday, November 29, 2007

I heart Suda 51

I'm on a mission to put my PS2 library to bed before buying my next game. What I mean is that I want to finish all my games, what's left is the final Colossus, Silpheed, and Gradius V. I'm throwing away Shinobi, and won't bother with R-Type Final since I saw what the final level entails. Persistence is not enough to finish a shoot'em'up, you have to skill-up all the time, to live and breathe it. I'm just not masochistic enough for this:



EDIT: and you if want to read some insane YouTube comments on how people really get "into" things, give the comments thread a read.

Since you're asking, my next game will be one of the following: Shining Force EXA, God of War 2, or Okami. The last thing I played was a game I picked up at Toys'r'us just because the low price bothered me: SAMURAI CHAMPLOO - Sidetracked. While I did shelf the game after the first play because of the lack of sheen, I came back to it last week.

I didn't know that Suda 51 worked on it. And until Killer7, I had no idea who this guy was. Suda 51 (Goichi Suda, Wikipedia) is my new best friend, and I will play anything that this man will come to produce. Sadly, he's made a handfull of titles, but only two had U.S. Releases. The games are quirky, loaded with style, and know how not to take themselves too seriously. Sidetracked, while very repetitive, is addictive on style alone. I laughed out loud, and put down the controller on a certain level just to make sure I was seeing it right. Suda gets away with a lot. Seeing Killer7 and Sidetracked brought me to a revelation:

Suda is down with the Lo-Fi, and Suda makes a mean game. WHUT.

That being said, NO MORE HEROES, will be the bomb, and just might cause me to get all Wii over it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's get Wiitarded, beotch. NMH is looking gooder and gooder.

I'm making some sweet love to the Wii's VC now...I d/led Sonic the other day. I felt a surge of irony in playing it on a Nintendo console...like that whole 5-year period of violent hatred had been a lie.

Also, is it just me or did the R-Type level seem deceptively slow-paced and...well...easy? I dunno. Also, I think there was a couple making out in silhouette in the bg, but I may just be a prevert.