slaveOS 2.8v

65536kb free

Monday, December 03, 2007

My first 48 hours of Facebook (or, Diary of a Traitor)

...but who am I commiting treason against, than my own self, right? Wrong. I gets barrages of "you caved in" and whatnot. Anyway, to quote American Beauty: "I'm sick and tired of everyone taking their insecurities out on ME". They're right, though, I did cave, and the only thing that differentiates me from them is the resistance. In the end, we're all social junkies. I've found myself in a pit of boredom and solitude last Friday, and Meetup.com really didn't deliver, so I joined.

I get my account and immediately add the horseman-of-the-apocalypse of my past to my block list so that I can put my quill to the search box in peace. Now, this may be a new account, but I've snooped around Facebook enough to know who was already there.

Actually, rewind.

When I get there, Facebook already has a friends list ready for me. It basically consists of the people who have tried to add me via email in the past. This is pretty much a silent "let me know when this person shows up" function, which would mean that Facebook collects information both on and off the board.. holy servers and hard drives, Batman!

Now, I won't tell you how Facebook works, cause you already know that part, but let's just say that I voted it "online community with the most checkboxes". There's a LOT of options, but they don't really mean anything until you start using the system some more and get familiar with the terminology that defines users' actions.

[I just stopped typing in my Blog because a Facebook email just came in]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*points finger at author*

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA H AHAHA!!!!!!

*breath*

HAHAHAHA HA HA HAAHA HA HA!!!!